Spend less time managing your BI reports stored across various platforms and more time working on the actual reports
Frequently Asked Questions
I only have a single BI Environment. How is VBI View beneficial to me?
- Report metadata – Ability to create metadata such as description, tags, last refresh date time, data source, data provider etc., and gain a better functional and technical understanding of the reports.
- Smart Search – User can run a search for “Not accessible” reports and get access to the same. This mitigates duplicate reports and time and cost involved in development of those duplicate reports
- Compared to other enterprise portals in the market, VBI View is easy to integrate with Directory service and all BOBJ platforms
- Changes to user-reports authorizations, Addition/Deletion of users/reports to the various BOBJ platforms (Webl, Lumira Designer, Crystal etc…) are automatically propagated to VBI View. No manual intervention necessary.
How are password changes in BI platforms or directory service synchronized with VBI View?
- VBI View uses a trust based integration with all BI platforms
- User passwords are NOT stored in VBI View and so there is no need for synchronization
- Even if user passwords are modified in directory service or BI platforms, user can continue to login VBI View and be authenticated by directory service or BI platform without having to enter the ‘new’ password
Can I launch VBI View in iPad?
How is this tool licensed? What is the upgrade/maintenance strategy?
- 15-day free trial period is available
- With VBI View, you get a simple, one-time, all-inclusive pricing for all BI users. There is NO per-user licensing. There is also no extra charge for installing Sandbox, Development and QA instances
- Annual support and maintenance is 20% of license fee and will be due and invoiced annually including first year
Can I create or edit report in VBI View?
No. VBI View establishes read-only connection the the BI platform. The changes made in VBI View are not reflected in BI Platform
Can I modify user interface of VBI View to match our brand standard?
Yes. The theme manager helps to set the corporate theme
Is VBI View an end-user solution or more of a developer tool?
If I have a few reports from a reporting tool that VBI View does not currently support, can I still launch them?
For currently unsupported platforms, you can create a custom URL within VBI View as if they were any other report or dashboard. It can even be a link to documentation, it can launch an application or open an intranet/internet page, anything that can be accessed with a URL.
Keep in mind that we are working on incorporating more BI systems in future releases.
Maintenance and Support Overview
Customers with a valid License and Support Contract for VBI View stand to gain the following benefits:
Access to Support Portal to create, track and manage cases and escalations
Have a Question?
Login into our support portal to raise a support ticket and our Customer Support Representatives will connect with you to resolve your issues